B2B sales organizations are evolving in interesting ways. They’re becoming more customer-centric in their approach to sales and are embracing new technological solutions to increase productivity. But one of my favorite changes that I’m noticing is that Sales and Marketing teams are increasingly collaborating to transform leads into valued customers.
Salesforce just put out a fantastic list of 130 sales tips. Inside, they devoted an entire section to ways that sales reps should utilize social, content and other so-called “marketing” tactics to win more deals.
Here are 8 Tweet-worthy quotes from our CEO Howard Brown and other top experts featured in Salesforce’s great eBook.
1. “Leverage the power of blogging, podcasting, speaking and email marketing to position yourself as the expert in your field.” <<Tweet This Quote!
Founder, Converse Digital
2. “Being a source of information makes the savvy sales professional a trusted partner in the buying process.” <<Tweet This Quote!
VP Sales Solutions, LinkedIn
3. “Don’t lose customers by underutilizing social media. Be active, engaging, and helpful to meet new clients and close more sales.” <<Tweet This Quote!
Marketing Coordinator, The Hayzlett Group
4. “All selling is social. Always has been. Always will be.” <<Tweet This Quote!
Director of Social Media Intelligence, Nimble Media
5. “Do your research. Reach out on channels where are most active; engage on topics most relevant to them.” <<Tweet This Quote!
6. “Follow your top 25 target accounts on Facebook and Twitter, and set them up on Google Alerts or other similar tools to keep up to date on what is happening with them.” <<Tweet This Quote!
7. “Integrate social “touches” into your prospecting cadence.” <<Tweet This Quote!
VP Sales, Influitive
8. “Sales teams should partner with marketing on a regular basis to identify their most valuable customer profiles, then identify a solution that will push the best leads at the top of the lead response queue.”<<Tweet This Quote!
Looking for some more ways to win more deals? Our free eBook Closing Power features 10 key takeaways for maximizing your sales win percentage!
Jesse WestDirector of Lifecycle MarketingRevenue.io
Jesse Davis West is Director of Lifecycle Marketing at Revenue.io, focusing on improving the experience and maximizing the lifetime value for customers across their entire journey. Drawing on 11 years of B2B marketing experience, Jesse is passionate about communication, branding and strategic marketing. He also plays a mean lead guitar and can throw down at karaoke.