Orrin Broberg, President and CEO of Modus and Bridget Gleason, VP of Sales for Logz.io and my regular partner, join me on this episode.
First guest: Orrin Broberg
- Modus is a B2B enterprise digital sales platform for organizing and creating compelling content to create product differentiation and close more sales.
- Reps get a professional, easy-to-use mobile app. For administrators, it is a very robust content management system for organizing all kinds of media. Their niche is manufacturers with complex distribution channels.
- Modus started as a mobile sales presentation company. Orrin was working with a digital media agency creating rich media presentations for medical device companies when the iPad debuted. Reps started using the iPad.
- Companies asked the agency to develop an iPad app for deploying, managing and monitoring rich presentations. That was the birth of Modus. Modus has been enhanced since then.
- Andy cites Tamara Schenk, who is astonished at how often the customer is not even mentioned when vendors discuss sales enablement. Effective selling requires aligning sales activities to the customer’s journey.
- Orrin thinks sales enablement will divide into sub-disciplines useful for vendors. The Sales Enablement Society defines it as analyzing customer needs and how vendors can support them in buying the service.
- We are getting worse at sales, the more technology we add. The problem is that reps talk to clients for only 33% of their work time. Reps need more time.
- Reps deal with more information than they need and tools that fall short. Enterprise B2B sales are made in a complex process, face-to-face. Put devices down when you’re talking. Technology does not create trust.
- Modus hangs onto marketing qualified leads longer, qualifying them better by points before passing them to a digital sales enablement director to continue discovery.
- When a customer goes dark they may be rethinking their organization and how they are going to have to do things to accommodate what they are looking to buy.
- Larger companies already have a learning management system and they want to make better use of what they have. They don’t look at Modus as an LMS. Modus integrates marketing automation with CRM.
- Modus doesn’t duplicate the capabilities customers have. Modus sales enablement applies AI content management into what their customers are doing on a sales call. Orrin runs through some details of the process that save time.